Sunday, August 26, 2012

Book Review - Zina's Jade by Robin Bisha

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I have the pleasure of reviewing the book Zina's Jade by Robin Bisha. For those who don't know Robin, she's mom to several cats, including my pals @CheshireK and @NutmegTorby. She also helps @CheshireK with his blog, Cheshire Loves Karma.

Zina's Jade center's around Zina, a woman with unusual powers, but who doesn't really know she has them. It is a journey of discovery. She's trying to find her way in the world, but her mother (and, she thinks, her father) are pressuring her to be who they want her to be. Her whole life has been mapped out for her.

Then Zina meets a mystic who gives her a special stone, and her journey begins. She's betrayed by someone she trusts, and the same mystic and a spiritual guide help her heal and find her true self. What she learns about herself is amazing.

I had a bit of a hard time getting into the book when I first started reading it. Zina's Jade is written almost entirely in the third person like it's a narration, except for when there's dialog. Then it relaxes. It felt rather stiff and formal and so it took me a little longer to get into the story. But once I did, I was hooked. The book ends just when Zina's story is really getting started, leaving me wanting more of the story. I'm hoping this is just the first in a series. I'd like to find out what happens to Zina now that she's really found herself. I give this book 3 paws up.

Zina's Jade is available in both paper and ebook at Amazon.com. Have a great week everyone!

Review reprinted from Adventures of a Suburban Kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment